Information uploaded on 22 May 2020
A Wage Subsidy Extension payment will be available to support employers, including sole traders, who are still significantly impacted by COVID-19 after the Wage Subsidy ends.
The Wage Subsidy Extension will be available from 10 June 2020 until 1 September 2020 so employers can keep paying their employees.
Below are some key points
More information about this payment and how to apply will be available before 10 June
- You can't apply for the Wage Subsidy Extension for an employee until their 12 week Wage Subsidy has finished.
- Applications open from 10 June 2020.
- You must have had, or expect to have, a revenue loss of at least 50% for the 30 days before you apply, compared to the closest period last year.
- It will cover 8 weeks per employee from the date you submit your application.
- It will be paid to you as a lump sum at the same weekly rate as the Wage Subsidy.
- You'll need to agree to certain obligations, such as to:
- Pass the subsidy on to your employees
- Retain your employees for the duration of the subsidy
- Do your best to pay your employees at least 80% of their normal pay
- Take active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on your business.
Receiving more than one COVID-19 payment
You won't be able to receive more than one COVID-19 payment from us for the same employee at the same time. This includes the:
- Wage Subsidy
- Leave Support Scheme, and
- Wage Subsidy Extension.
Information from Work and Income NZ with the link HERE